Tuesday, January 1, 2019

2018 - The Year That Was

inspirational quotes
Now when I have sat to write about 2018 it feels it flew by like a blink of an eye. It might be because I kept myself engaged with work, books, music, writing, Netflix. Let me summarise each aspect of my life in 2018.

Work


do what makes you happy

I love my work despite the travel time. Though I have taken a decision which can be life-turning. I have to wait till then.

Books


reading challenges

I had taken up Reading Challenges of HT Brunch & Pop Sugar Challenge. I had to read 50 books but ended up reading 34. I won't give any excuse for not completing it. There was a phase wherein I did not pick up any book. I am happy that I did read books of different genre and authors for the first time.

Books worth the read & to remember:


The Sun and Her Flowers
Adulthood Is a Myth
The Elephant Vanishes
The Hating Game
A Man Called Ove
Someone Like You
Truth, Love and a Little Malice
Love a Little Longer

Music


best songs


Jaane de - Qarib Qarib Single
Darkside - Alan Walker
Chaav Laaga - Sui Dhaaga
Tera Fitoor - Genius
Main Hoon Saath Tere - Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana
Perfect - Ed Sheeren
Photograph - Ed Sheeren
Always Remember This Way - Lady Gaga
Hymn For The Weekend - ColdPlay


Movies


best movies

Some new and few rewatched my favorite ones.

Before We Go (Review)
Once Again (Review)
Qarib Qarib Single
Me Before You 
Sui Dhaaga
Raid
Padman
Stree
Soorma
October
Simmba

Writing


best indian blogs

It was one of the best years in blogging. The year began with 2017 - The Year That Was and then the final chapter in the series 'Don't Love Me - The Final Chapter'. I did not put down any resolutions but stick to the word of the year - Self-love.

If you have been reading my blog since long, you might know I used to write poems - the actual long ones. Somehow I couldn't write those in 2018. The few I managed to write were - I Carry You Within MeI Want To 'Get High' and Remember The Night We Met!

I stepped out my comfort zone and began writing book reviews & movie reviews.

The challenge which I did complete and proud of myself was My Friend Alexa hosted by Blogchatter, wherein one has to write a minimum 8 blog posts and read blogs from the reading list provided by Blogchatter. That was like Woah! I read more than 100 blogs and discovered amazing bloggers.

The closest one to my heart are the posts - Tere Jaisa Yaar Kahan and I Want To Write A Perfect Poetry For You.

Netflix


best tv shows netflix

Despite of being the costliest subscription than others, I cannot stop watching Netflix. I have discovered movies (not from the mainstream), documentaries, TV series.

Currently watching:


The Good Wife
Grace & Frankie
Gilmore Girls
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Riverdale
Atypical
Sherlock (Rewatching, of course!)

Must watch:


The Haunting Of Hill House
The Story of Diana
Once Again
Little Things

Life

life images

I was in turmoil during the first quarter of 2018. I am not embarrassed to say I had to take help of psychotherapy. I was overwhelmed in the next few months. Grief hit me at the beginning of the second half of 2018. I was shocked the loss will devastate me so much that I couldn't cry in front of my near ones. It took me 3 months to accept it. I retrieved my love for books and writing later and continued until the end.


a year in review

What's in store for 2019?


I am taking a part of me from 2018. I cannot shake off its effect because those lessons cannot be forgotten.

Happy New Year and hope to meet you again through my writings.

a year in review









2 comments:

  1. I also plan to go for therapy this year for there have been past issues and high on Netflix along with prime :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!Why do you need therapy for high on Netflix?! Happy New Year Vishal.

      On a serious note, they are addictive. I controlled my addiction by shifting my concentration on books or simply not doing anything.

      As for past, sigh! It is so powerful in a dark way that it is hard to get out of its strong grip. You must go for it.

      Delete