Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Before We Go - The Movie, Love, Life and Me

Have you ever hesitated to confess your love to someone?

Have you ever had your heart broken?

Have you ever been in a toxic relationship?

Have you ever been in love which seems to last forever?

Yes or No, the essence of these questions is love. Love is beautiful. I won’t call love a ‘thing’ because things break, things get destroyed. Does love too? I have seen people in love destroy each other, hurt each other to the point of breaking. What kind of love is it which always hurts, regrets and says sorry?

This question is in reciprocation after watching the movie – Before We Go. I like watching movies as I have mentioned many a times on my blog. Though I am not a big fan of any specific actors, I like movies because they have the power to showcase the fiction with touch of non-fiction.

I would love a movie even if not a big hit because it made me think and ponder over the impact it had on me.

Before We Go turned out to be one. The story revolves around two strangers who meet one night and how they learn about their life and help clearing up the faded faith. It goes without saying they learn to know about ‘love’ with new perspective.

Before We Go movie

There is no perfect. There will always be struggle. You just need to choose who you wanna struggle with.

True isn’t it? How many times have you questioned about the decision you have made to be with the people in life? I am not talking solely about relationship of love but this is true for other relations too.

Brooke Dalton: It's possible, isn't it? It's possible that you could meet somebody who's perfect for you even though you're committed to somebody else.
Nick Vaughan: No, no, see, I think if you're committed to somebody, you don't allow yourself to find perfection in someone else.

I am searching for the answer Brooke asks over here (My most favourite dialogue from the movie). Do you have any answer or what’s your perspective on this one?

The best part of the movie is Nick and Brooke calling their past self and giving advice. I don’t want to ruin the story for you but I have to mention this one:

Nick Vaughan: And at the end of the night, you're gonna want to say some things, but don't. Don't ruin it. It's nothing she doesn't already know. Just give her a kiss. Wish her good luck. And, uh... thank her. Thank her for showing you that you can love more than one person in this life.

I can’t argue over this and don’t even try to argue with me. This for me is not less than sacred.

I was fascinated with the concept of talking with your past that I decided to dial the number to myself 5 years back. What would I tell myself?

“Poonam, it’s you from the future. Your ritual of turning off the net will be broken one night and be thankful for Amazon prime video for it. Trust me it would be best because you are going to hear those words you believed you would never hear in this life. It will definitely make you insomniac for two straight nights but it would be worth it. You need those words to be heard. You will regain the faith and belief that love exists in this world and for you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment