Monday, September 25, 2017

Friend Zone

Sunday morning, the first thing is to grab Hindustan Times newspaper fastened hanging on the main door crevices (a familiar scene in most of the apartments in urban cities, ain’t it?) I am not a fan of reading news in the main supplement I find them depressive.

I wait for the weekly hindustan Brunch magazine. My relation with Brunch goes back to my teenage.  When the cover page is incredible I can’t wait to read the entire cover story. Last Sunday’s Brunch comprised Farhan Akhtars fat-free at 43 life story with his sensuous cover photo (Do read it!). 

Okay I got off-track here. I am a follower of Seema Goswami’s column - indulge in the magazine. Her words always strike a chord. This Sunday’s article was titled, ‘Friend zone'. It has no connection with Ae Dil Hai Mushkil or love. It is about friendship. Quoting her: Just one 'bestie' is not enough; you need at least five kinds of friends to survive in this world.

I often wondered the concept of ‘best friend’ or ‘bestie’. If you ask me who is your best friend? I cannot pick any 'one' as a best friend. There isn't that one friend who knows everything about my life. I love talking with H about certain things which I do not with V or few others.

funny friendship quotes
A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked. -Bernard Meltzer

While growing up I kept myself out of the loop of emotions. I experienced that when I start bonding with a friend life takes him / her away from me. Strangely I stay connected with them and this surprises me.

Let me mention their initials over here. From schooldays: V and P, during medical college J, blogging years: H, R, T and at work: J and I.

I do not speak with them every single day. I have lost touch with J which I have mentioned in this post. I tried searching her on major social media but no avail. 

broken friendship quotes
I lost the one person I never thought I could lose

The other J knows me so well that there is no use of my veil I wear most of the times. J SEES THROUGH IT, and it still have amazed me, how with only few months of knowing each this person have caught the exact me - the person I am.

true friend true love
"A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself — and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them. That's what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.” 

Social media though has made it easy to stay connected but I miss them in-person. I want to spend time with them talking, howling, laughing over silly matters, discussion on serious matters, just being crazy and stupid. Someday I will!

friend zone

What do you think?

Image credits: 

2 comments:

  1. Hindustan Times happens to be my favorite and brunch is always amazing to read. I check it nowadays online and will soon check Seema's take on friendship. I read Farhan interview on shedding the fat and for sure he is inspiring me for my priority is to get rid of that belly...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! We all strive to shed the belly fat.

    ReplyDelete