Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Day 16 – Letter to Someone that’s not in your state/country

Dearest Oprah,

Oh my god!!! I am finally writing to you. Sorry I’m squealing like a little girl but I was a little girl when I first saw The Oprah Winfrey Show. Wasn’t I flabbergasted watching you? I tried to enact you, the way you speak. The halo of your confidence left me mesmerized. Keeping a show alive for 25 years with same enthusiasm is commendable. 

oprah winfrey quotes


I am learning lessons of life from you. I am going to be frank here they are difficult (quite next to impossible for me) to incorporate, nevertheless I am trying.

Let me confess I never get bored or tired watching your interview videos and talk show. I was listening to one of your interviews where you said after watching your mother washing clothes you thought: ‘My life is not going to be like this.’ This was you, the thoughts of a 6 year old girl!  And rest of the female population keep envisioning life to be the same like their mother.

The world doesn’t require two Oprah Winfrey so I don’t want to be like you. I am not being rude. I just want to say you are the best the one and only one. I will take in your affirmations, the attitude towards life and be ‘alive’.

My achievements are far from the people you have interviewed. Standing by your words, “You get in life what you have the courage to ask for.” So I'm asking (hope) to meet you and what if it might come true?

Yours,

Living by your words: “I Deserve the Best!”

oprah winfrey quotes
Image Source

No comments:

Post a Comment