Saturday, September 16, 2017

10 Things I Should Have Learned While Growing up!

There are some things which are taught in school, by parents and others to learn on your own. FACT: The ‘OTHERS’ are THE ones which sustain our life and should have been taught.

10 things I should have learned


1.      It is absolutely okay to say NO


Have you realised that saying ‘NO’ requires courage than saying ‘Yes’? Have you felt the heart beat increase when you want to say ‘no’ but can’t?

I wished there was someone who made me understand the importance of No rather than saying yes all the time. I learned it the hard way.

2.      It is okay to be NOT OKAY


Our upbringing has wired our brains not to disclose the true emotions. Keep hiding. Cry alone in the bathroom. Wipe the tears it is not good to cry in front of everyone. You are a big girl now. Big boys don’t cry.

Familiar?

So next time when someone asks you about your well-being throw the mask of a good girl or good boy and speak out: “No, I am not okay. Life is effed up!”


3.      Self-love


Create a ME time every single day. Bathe with warm water with infusion of Epsom salt which takes away the fatigue be it physical or mental. I listen to music, I write in my journal (not every single day), take up a task in Start Where You Are,  the self-explanatory journal. I never realized my thought process and the subconscious mind until I began working on this journal.

Start Where You Are: A Journal for Self-Exploration

4.      Investment


Everyone brags about money but no one talks about the importance of investing the hard earned money during adolescence. We give allowance to kids but forget to explain to save some of it.

I should have done it in my early twenties but it is never too late. Now I keep learning about stock market, mutual funds and invest some portion of my earnings.

I am happy the upcoming generation does have knowledge about the investments.

5.      Be Grateful


Do not wait for a crisis and then be grateful for this life. Thank for this life every time you wake up from sleep. I admire Muniba Mazari and keep repeating her words of giving gratitude to the life inside my head.


 6.      No one has time to think about you


They have big mouths to talk all the shit about you but trust me they don’t think about you all the time. So why waste time by thinking, “What will they think about me?”

7.      Menstruation is not a taboo


Do not wrap the sanitary pads in paper to hide them while buying. I have stepped in the temple on first day of my period. There wasn’t thundering or lightning, God did not stop me or ordered me saying: “You are not allowed in my premises.”

 8.      Never judge the book by its cover and people by their attire and appearance


If you judge people, you will fall hard on the face. Take my word for it.

9.      Life is short


There are going to be good days and few really really bad ones too. But Life is short so write down a bucket list; strike out what’s on it one by one because time is ticking.

My Bucket List Journal: Make Things Happen!

10.   Stay Single


Saved best for the last. *lol* 


keep smiling

2 comments:

  1. Many of them hold true for me and was incapable to say No to people. Very well said and we should have our space to do things that empower.

    www.vishalbheeroo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for leaving your blog address.

    ReplyDelete