Friday, March 11, 2022

Life Update | Three Makes Baby

WOW! It's been 3 years since I have updated this space. I used to hop on over here to read a few of my favorite bloggers but never left my footprints via comments. Without further ado, let me share my life update. 

The title of this post might seem out of the line or odd to you but the one who has or is living with the pangs of infertility would understand it. 

I am not going to show you the harsh face of infertility and how it makes or breaks relationships in this post but share how the years of struggle led to a baby. Yes! I am a mother of a toddler who is now 2. My baby made me a mom on 3 March 2020. 

The title is inspired by the book Three Makes Baby: How to Parent Your Donor-Conceived Child by Jana Rupnow. I haven't read it yet but the title is intriguing for the ones who have become parents via donor eggs/sperms and who are unfamiliar with Donor conception.

I was diagnosed with Premature Menopause which I have explained in this post -  Life With Premature Menopause on my other blog - Aai & Baby V dedicated to infertility, motherhood, and parenting.

I had shared a post of my journal entry  - Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish back in 2017 in which I had mentioned about infertility is affecting my mental health. 

I have Premature Menopause or Primary Ovarian Insufficiency which meant I had only a few eggs which may or may not be healthy. So my doctors' advice was to use donor eggs. It took me a whole year to accept this reality and when it was absorbed thoroughly I was ready - mentally, emotionally and physically which led to the path of IVF. 

Using donor eggs meant my baby does not share my genes but does that mean I am not his mother? Absolutely no! Even science defines me as his biological mother.  You can read all about my Donor Egg - IVF in this post in which I have opened up about my fear, anxiety. I can talk a lot on this topic but I want to keep this short and subtle. 

Ending this post by sharing photos ( I love taking photos, they are perfect keepsakes) and with the hope to come here often and sticking to what Anne Frank says on writing which is my blog description. 














2 comments:

  1. Thank you for dropping by my blog and for your comments.
    Congratulations! Wish you the very best in your new role, which is a really noble one, so crucial in the development of any human being. Wishing the baby too a great life!
    I am glad that you have resumed blogging.
    I know time will be at a premium for you now. But as and when you get time, do jot down your thoughts, little anecdotes and experiences here!
    Looking forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete