Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Day 17 - Letter to Someone from your childhood

Call me nasty, I'm back to writing letters. I guess I won't die before writing all the letters in this challenge.

So whom do I want to write to today from my childhood?

Dear Time,

Yes, time...you are the one I want to write to from my childhood. You were not the best for me while growing up but now I do acknowledge you. Sigh! The loss teaches us so much.

Being an elder child, somehow I was considered to be 'a responsible child'. I couldn't live carefree. Though now I think of you, I was blessed to have you.

writing inspiration


There are memories, millions of them stuck in you. I still remember the 4 year old me instead of playing in vacation I was practicing writing numbers and reciting them. I used to lock myself inside home only to role play of a 'teacher'. I was not a nerd but geek. I couldn't find anything to play with or indulge in activities other than books and concentrating in studies.

You will be surprised I remember the first time ever I took a leave from school in Second grade due to fever and guess what?! Even that day I was studying the lesson which I knew would be taught in school.

I was jealous of my sibling but we played a lot together. Though I feel we lost a lot which could have been done. Anyways, that's life.

I was eager to get out of school because I hated waking up in early morning for school. The memory of last day in primary school (fourth grade) is crystal clear. I have all those certificates awarded for various language competition. I miss learning Maths with my dad. I still have the book filled with opposites, meanings, adjectives, verbs he had written filling it entirely. I remember the 'study hard' throughout the year.( Oh boy! Did I did nothing apart from academics?!)

I had stage fright but fighting with anxiety I always spoke in front of crowd and ended in ranking among top 3 speakers.

I miss waking up to Talespin, Aladin on Sunday morning. I miss the tales from Potli Baba ki, Vikram and Betal, Byomkesh Bakshi, Shaktimaan (lol), and few more. And Oh! Those hindi-dubbed china television shows on Home TV. (Does anyone remember them?) I miss the tea made by mom along with the many biscuits from snacks box we had (oh, we still have that).

I wasn't emotionally close to anyone and it might sound rude but I am thankful for it. Because I wouldn't have handled all the losses while growing up, with the ups and downs of life.

I did not take care of myself growing up when I had you, time. There is so much to miss, so many memories, all in all lessons learned.

Thank You.

From,
The One Who Want To Live Optimum With You











No comments:

Post a Comment