Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Is He Romantic?

Is he romantic?

Define ‘romantic’.

Does he bring flowers without any occasion?

No.

Does he surprise you with gifts?

No.

How many times does he say, “I Love You”?

Not every single day. Sometimes not even once a week or even months. I don’t even remember when he said last.

But you still are together. Doesn’t it hurt?

Why should it hurt?

Flowers, gifts, saying I love you are the symbols of love.

Do you know when ‘romantic’ used as a noun is defined as, “not practical and having a lot of ideas that are not related to real life.”? So when you talk about those “symbols of love” which are quite practical and real stands outside your definition of love.

I love him because he listens to me throughout my complaint even when it might be a rant. He speaks when I am done. He doesn’t label me, “you are wrong” but makes me understand how actually the situation is.

I love him because he acknowledges my silence when I don’t want to speak to him. I love him because he appreciates when I need a simple hug rather than any explanation. I love him because he lets me be who I am and doesn’t try to change me. I love him because he is the only one who holds me tight, and never lets the ego control us.


There are too many “because” over here but I love him for who he is. 

finding love
Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash

No comments:

Post a Comment